A Year in Books, 2016 Edition

An avid reader, I never thought to keep track of all the books I read each year. Goodreads held a “Reading Challenge” where you make a goal of how many books you will read in a year and then Goodreads will keep track. Being that I never counted my reads before, I had no idea where to begin. My goal that I initially set was to read 15 books for the year, but that number was quickly edited as I surpassed 15 within the first three months of 2016.  
 
I am happy to report that I did indeed read 35 books from cover to cover in 2016! Of course I read other things in addition, but not counting those editorials or journals. I am also not counting one book that I simply could not finish. Life is too short to be stuck reading a bad book.
 
I do enjoy a good fiction novel as I like the escape. And guilty as charged, I like reading YA series books. Oddly, there were no running books to add to that list, but I did keep up with the latest articles of Runner's World magazine, so that has to count for something.
 
Without further adieu, I present my reading list in order of absolutely LOVED to IT WAS JUST OKAY.
Ratings: 1-5--One bad, Five excellent. No five's. What can I say, I'm a tough critic.
 

My Uncle Oswald, Roald Dahl    4.5
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, J.k. Rowling     4.5
One Amazing Thing, Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni     4
The Storyteller, Jodi Picoult     4
Timeline, Michael Crichton    4
Fluke, Christopher Moore     4
The Girl on a Train, Paula Hawkins    4
A Walk in the Woods, Bill Bryson    4
Congo, Michael Crichton    4
Henna House, Nomi Eve    4
Lily and the Octopus, Steven Rowley    4
Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children Series, Ransom Riggs - Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children,Hollow City, Library of Souls    4
Chaos Walking Series, Patrick Ness - The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, Monsters Of Men     4
Okei-san: The Girl from Wakamatsu, Joan Barsotti    4
A Monster Calls, Patrick Ness    4
Boy Tales of Childhood, Roald Dahl    3
Going Solo, Roald Dahl    3
Next, Michael Crichton    3
The Last of the Breed, Louis L’Amour    3
The Reader, Bernhard Schlink    3
Still Alice, Lisa Genova    3
Night Train to Lisbon, Pascal Mercier    3
In the Time of Butterflies, Julia Alvarez    3
Gringo Nightmare, Eric Volz      3
Rising Sun, Michael Crichton     3
An Object of Beauty, Steve Martin    3
Salem Falls, Jodi Picoult    3
Shoo Fly Pie, Tim Downs    3

Nose Down, Eyes Up, Merrill Markoe    2
Pirate Latitudes, Michael Crichton    2
I Feel Bad About My Neck, Nora Ephron    2

I recently was asked what my all time favorite book is. I never can choose just one favorite of anything really. This was a tough question for me to answer. While I ponder the best read of my lifetime, I wonder, what is yours?

HAPPY 2017 READING!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Popular Posts